2011년 1월 26일 수요일

Highrise : Out my window

-Out My Window-
     Stand up, and look over the window. Open the window, and breath slowly. Feel the air, and feel the sun. Look at the sky. And think: "Who else are looking over the window right now, above the world?"
     Well, this was the first reaction after I experience the Highrise : Out my window. My character is Durdane, who is from Istanbul. Before I start it, I was so excited of that I can experence other's life, which I will have no chance forever to see directly by my eyes. Hopefully, it was REALLY interesting, and also very helpfull for my future construction. Anyway, let me start introduce my character!
     According to Wikipedia, Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey and 5th largest city proper in the world with a population of 12.8 million,  Istanbul is also a megacity, as well as the cultural, economic, and financial centre of Turkey. the natural harbour known as the Golden Horn, in the northwest of the country.
     The "letters". If you enter her house, in front of you, there'll a picture of the letters. When you click it, She tells her own story about the letters. Her son had gone to Germany when he was just 10 years old. Also, she had 7 siblings, but 5 of them had gone to Germany. As reading letters again and again everyday, she hardly hides her miss to them. However, her parents were all gone, where they can never come back. She sais : "My parents went to Germany I was a very young age. And their bodies came back on a plane. They died before they were old." There, she truly longs for the "Planes". Even, she always waves hands to the planes, whenever she found the plane. The plane gives her both sorrow and hope.
     In addition, you can find the fact that Durdane misses her past times and family by clicking the cupboard which is placed at the right of the sofa.
     If you move more to right side, you'll find the buildings. At the past, there was "Gekecondu" instead of the buildings. "Gekecondu" was in everywhere around the Istanbul, she says. It means "Landed Overnight", which refers self-built sqatter houses. Then she explains the process that she could get the house. She tells that she came this area when she was 15 years old, and she lived here for almost 30 years. Before, the house she lived in was a squatter, and 10 people lived there together. Even though there was an electricity, but there was no water supply. Then, suddenly appartmentization started, and all the families built buildings storey by storey, part by part, she says. During this, the infra suppliment started to come normally. For example, Water, Roads, and Electicity. She always lived as a tenant (pay money regularly in order to live in). And it was only few years ago when she bought her own apartment by using her all savings. However, first, there were no doors, windows, ar anything. So, she made everything by her hand.

     I believe this experience helped me to enlarge my range of understand. Now I can emagine, or understand others' lives better. No prejudice, no pre-concept. I feel so satisfied of it. Although my job is all finished here, I'm willing to search more and more "out my windows" series from now. The lesson: "There are different forms of life". I could never forget it. :)

  


댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기